Location: Cedar Key
Date: Saturday April 23, 2022
(Weather Dates – April 24th, April 30th, and May 1st)
GOFC MEMBERS ONLY — Members must be in good standing at the time of the tournament. Guests may ride in boats but cannot register fish.
Participants must register prior to start of the tournament.
Click here to sign up: https://gofc.us/tourney-stats/tournament-registration/
Fishing begins at “safe light” on the day of tournament. – Boaters should exercise caution if low light or fog limits visibility.
WEIGH IN LOCATION:
Robinson Seafood: 6991 SW State Road 24, Cedar Key, FL 32625
Scales will open at 4:00 PM. All members with fish to be weighed must be in line at the scales no later than 5:00 PM, Winners will be announced at the next club meeting.
Prizes will be awarded for the three biggest fish in each of these three categories:
1. Heaviest Cobia
2. Heaviest Spanish Mackerel
3. Longest King Mackerel from tip of the nose to fork of the tail.
Prizes for each category:
1st Place – $125
2nd Place – $100
3rd Place – $75
– Fish must be caught in club waters and in accordance with the official club rules to be eligible for entry. See official club rules for additional details (https://gofc.us/rules/).
– Anglers may enter one fish in each category.
– Cobia and Spanish Mackerel must be brought to the weigh-in for entry, but King Mackerel may be released and still entered in the tournament. To enter a released King Mackerel the member must bring a photo of the fish pressed against a tape measure to the weigh-in before 5:00 pm. The photo must clearly show the entire fish and its length. Note that King Mackerel must still be weighed to be eligible as a club record.
The GO or NO GO decision will be sent out by email and posted on the GOFC website by approximately 7:00 PM on the night before the tournament.
ALL ANGLERS AND INDIVIDUALS PARTICIPATE AT THEIR OWN RISK and have a current Waiver of Liability on file with GOFC.
Interpretation of the tournament rules shall be at the sole discretion of the Tournament Chairman.
During the event, tune to VHF channel 68 for tournament chatter.