No verbal exaggerations, written embellishments, or “you should have been here yesterday” taunts! Just unretouched pictures of real GOFC members in the field. This is your chance for internet immortality! So share a special event, an exceptional catch, or humbling experience (honest, we won’t tell a soul).
Submit your photos here Photo Contest. All photos are automatically considered at year end for the annual photo contest. Prizes are: 1st place $150, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50. Winners are announced at the February awards banquet. You can’t win if you don’t submit a photo!
Photo contest rules:
Your chance at fame and more fame!
- What pictures can I submit? Pictures taken during the current calendar year at GOFC events or while fishing or boating. Pictures must be taken and submitted by current GOFC members.
- How do I submit my pictures? Simply fill the form out on this page
- When can I submit picures? Pictures may be submitted at ANY time during the year. However, the photo submission deadline is December 31 of the contest year.
- What will happen to the pictures I submit? Submitted photos will be posted under the Hot Shots section of the GOFC website and in GOFC print publications. All submissions are archived for the year in our Inshore or Offshore photo albums. Judges will review these albums in January and select the top 5 pictures. Winning photos will be posted early the following year, and photographers will be asked to identify the winning shots.
- What can I win?
- 1st Place – $150 andfeatured as the cover shot in the March Acute Angler newsletter.
- 2nd Place – $100
- 3rd Place – $50